Posted On Thursday, July 21, 2016
One of the best things about staying in a vacation rental home is having a full kitchen and the option to have family meals together in your beach cottage. Most visitors want to eat as much fresh seafood as they can while they are here, but do you really want to spend the money to eat out every day? Here are a couple easy recipes to try while you’re on vacation. They will give your budget a break and your family will still feel like they are splurging!
Two pounds large shrimp (21-24 count), peeled w/tails on
One pound bacon, cut into thirds
Barbecue Sauce (bottled or homemade)
Wooden or metal skewers
1. Preheat grill to 400-500°
2. Wrap each shrimp with 1/3 slice of bacon, tucking the loose end under.
3. Skewer the shrimp (about 6 per skewer)
4. Place on grill until bacon is crispy, turning after 3 minutes
5. Liberally brush barbecue sauce over each skewer
6. Eat and enjoy!
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
2 green onions, chopped finely
¼ cup sweet red pepper, chopped finely
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 large egg, lightly beaten
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon lemon juice
12oz. crabmeat, shelled and flaked (clear of shell fragments)
1 tablespoon butter
1. In large bowl, combine 1/3 cup bread crumbs, green onions, red pepper, garlic powder, cayenne, egg, mayonnaise and lemon juice; fold in crab
2. Place remaining bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Separate crab mixture into eight portions; roll into 2 inch balls. Lightly coat in bread crumbs and shape into a ½ inch thick patty.
3. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium high heat. Add crab cakes; cook 304 minutes on each side or until golden brown.